I am a player, producer, label boss and staunch supporter of the independent community. I have played for and recorded a wide array of artists from Damon Albarn to Emma Kirkby.
I run Ambiguous Records and CRC Music. I am also on the board of AIM which is the trade body that looks after all the UK Independent labels. (If you are an independent label or thinking of starting one you should definitely check out AIM)
I believe firmly in education and the passing on of knowledge. I have lectured to the students at the Royal College of Music, Royal Academy of Music and Canterbury Christchurch University amongst others and am the cofounder of MusicMaps a home music tuition service for young musicians 5 and up.
Posts by this Author
- Fresh Faves: Batch 73
- How To Reach Music Blogs
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 57
- Now Playing At 6 Music Blog Awards – FOTN Award
- Fresh Faves: Batch 45
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 26
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 23
- Music and the Machine
- New Artist Digital Set Up – Part 3 – Is it working?
- New Artist Digital Set Up – Part 2 – The Social Networks
- New Artist Digital Setup – Part 1
- How To Get Paid Part 4 – Merch, Sync, Karma and the rest…
- How To Get Paid Part 3 – Live
- How To Get Paid Part 2 – Selling Your Music
- How To Get Paid Part 1 – Royalty Collecting Societies
- Fresh Faves: 2nd April 2012
- Musical World Domination on a Spreadsheet
- How to get signed