Since graduating from the Royal College of Music in 2001 I have been immersed in music. I have worked with artists from Damon Albarn to Emma Kirkby, played on number 1 records, produced tracks featured on BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 6 and XFM, run music companies and sat on commercial trade boards. My experience is broad and spans education, the commercial sector and the political arena. I believe strongly that whether it is a commercial outlet, an art form, a hobby or anything in between, music is for all.
I am passionate about education and teach music mostly on the guitar both privately and in schools. I have taught for over 20 years and for the past 12 years at St Paul’s Girls’ School and Bute House. I am a founding partner of MusicMaps, a teaching company dedicated to both the best musical education for its students and also continued career development and best practice for the teachers that work with the company.
Posts by this Author
- Fresh Faves: Batch 89
- Fresh Faves: Batch 73
- How To Reach Music Blogs
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 57
- Now Playing At 6 Music Blog Awards – FOTN Award
- Fresh Faves: Batch 45
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 26
- FRESH FAVES: BATCH 23
- Music and the Machine
- New Artist Digital Set Up – Part 3 – Is it working?
- New Artist Digital Set Up – Part 2 – The Social Networks
- New Artist Digital Setup – Part 1
- How To Get Paid Part 4 – Merch, Sync, Karma and the rest…
- How To Get Paid Part 3 – Live
- How To Get Paid Part 2 – Selling Your Music
- How To Get Paid Part 1 – Royalty Collecting Societies
- Fresh Faves: 2nd April 2012
- Musical World Domination on a Spreadsheet
- How to get signed