Every week Signal Committee create an Eclectic Picks playlist. All tracks are selected from the full inbox of 200 tracks that are submitted each week to Fresh On The Net. Check out their picks from Monday 10th May below.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
Our playlists are orientated to the alternative music fan. Lyrics are not essential, abstract ideas are embraced and the fusing of different genres is encouraged. If you used to write band names on your pencil case at school, you’ll probably like our playlists.
A FEW WORDS ON THIS WEEK’S PICKS
We have no rules on how many tracks we pick. Last week, a tidy collection of 10 tracks made the cut. This week, we ended up with a twin disc special edition with 23 tracks. But the quality remains the same. In particular, a couple of ‘post-rock’ tracks caught our ears this week. Perhaps Mogwai’s latest album has been inspiring some of you. That aside, there’s plenty of sublime stuff in there from trip-hop, electronic to atmospheric/ambient tracks.
If you got this far, give the full list a blast and drop a comment below with your thoughts!
You can listen to this weeks playlist using the player below, or click here to open the Soundcloud playlist in a new window. For the best listening experience… crank up the volume and immerse yourself in the music!
ARTISTS SELECTED THIS WEEK
- HOW TO USE THIS MANUAL – Debs McCoy – For David No.1 (Remix)
- SHELTER CALM – Arrow Strike
- CAMP STAG – On The Ropes
- EGGBOY – John Rogers
- MEWN – I See It Now, Pt.1
- SAYHER – In Dust
- ELEANÓR KNIGHT – Over and Over Again
- LINES OF FLIGHT – Heading Out To You
- ANALOGUE ELECTRONIC WHATEVER – European Home 21 – Crossing Borders Mix – AEW Vs Jeff Appleton
- GU-RU – Frankenstein
- UNCLE KEIR – Tether
- SYREL – The Blue Solenoid (Collaboration With The Voice)
- TAYNE -Coherent
- GLASS SANDS – Auslander
- YELLOW BELLY & K37- I Won’t Be Her
- EDIBLE FLOWERS – Particle Zoo
- IDIAC – Farewell To UL7
- BOSTOCK – Remembrall
- RICHARD BRINCKLOW – Claustrophobia
- OTHER PEOPLE’S LIVES – Helping Hand
- SUN, MOON & TALIA – Feel This Life
- HANNAH ROBINSON – Fool For Him
- APPLE LAKE – Beaches
We all have ambitions to get on national radio, but in the meantime there are loads of great, independent radio stations that are always looking for new music of the alternative variety. They offer no promises, but the following hosts tell me they that, if you made this list, they’d like you to get in touch to be considered for their show:
- Chris Watts, presenter of “In The Moog” online on NCCR (UK) (Twitter: @chriswatts1965. Electronic/synth-based tracks (mp3 &/or WAV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with artwork &/or band pic and your Twitter handle).
- Lucas Gil, presenter of Supernova on Glitterbeam Radio (Twitter @lucasgil, apply by his website here)
- Joe Figueira of North Manchester FM (Twitter @moretonguy, apply with MP3, short bio & twitter handle by e-mail to email@example.com)
All tracks featured above will be added to our rolling Spotify playlist for 2021. We will also ‘follow’ you on Spotify to keep track of any future releases – which will appear on our revolving weekly playlist. As for our ‘all time favourites’, well, there’s a playlist for that too.