Every week Signal Committee present an Eclectic Picks playlist. All tracks are selected from the full inbox of 200 tracks that are submitted each week to Fresh On The Net. Check out their picks from Monday 6th September below.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
Our playlists are orientated to the alternative music fan. Lyrics are not essential, abstract ideas are embraced and the fusing of different genres is encouraged. If you used to write band names on your pencil case at school, you’ll probably like our playlists.
A FEW WORDS ON THIS WEEK’S PICKS
This week we ended up with 80 minutes of Eclectic Picks. It starts off dark and mysterious with some vibes of The Doors, The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division, The Jesus and Mary Chain. Then it gets bright and dancey, a little dreamy and nicely chilled. Today’s challenge, spot the Smiths fans 🙂
If you got this far….. give the full list a blast and drop a comment below with your thoughts!
NEXT WEEK ON ECLECTIC PICKS
Next week we have selected one of our favourite underground artists to be a special guest curator of the Eclectic Picks playlist. More to follow…
You can listen to this weeks playlist using the player below, or click here to open the Soundcloud playlist in a new window. For the best listening experience… crank up the volume and immerse yourself in the music!
ARTISTS SELECTED THIS WEEK
- PYNCH – Karaoke
- WISH HOUNDS – Thoroughbreds
- THE HOLY ROAD – Coming Up For Air
- DIVISION ORDER – It’s My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry
- WHIRLING ROMANTICS – Give In
- MICHAEL DONOGHUE – Interstate Dream
- M.A.Z – DJ CRUD3 – The Happening Remix 2
- GOMRUND – Dwarf
- SHELTER CALM – Sunrise
- STARRGAZY – Octopus
- KEEP BACK IVY – New Skin (Amongst The Pigeons Remix)
- THE JOHN MITCHIE COLLECTIVE – Nothing, Something, Everything
- VOLLEYBALL – Aloosh
- VELVET SUNSET – Summer Night
- PALI GAP – Bliss
- FLUD ARMSTRONG – Changing Landscapes
- THE FANTOM MAN – FEAR
- HELEFONIX – The Little Things [ft. Herbert and Gladys Davies]
- WALT – cuurls
- JAMES RUSHWORTH – UIA
We all have ambitions to get on national radio, but in the meantime there are loads of great, independent radio stations that are always looking for new music of the alternative variety. They offer no promises, but the following hosts tell me they that, if you made this list, they’d like you to get in touch to be considered for their show:
- Chris Watts, presenter of “In The Moog” online on NCCR (UK) (Twitter: @chriswatts1965. Electronic/synth-based tracks (mp3 &/or WAV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with artwork &/or band pic and your Twitter handle).
- Lucas Gil, presenter of Supernova on Glitterbeam Radio (Twitter @lucasgil, apply by his website here)
- Joe Figueira of North Manchester FM (Twitter @moretonguy, apply with MP3, short bio & twitter handle by e-mail to email@example.com)
All tracks featured above will be added to Yoghurt Pot’s rolling Spotify playlist for 2021. They will also ‘follow’ you on Spotify to keep track of any future releases – which will appear on their revolving weekly playlist. As for their ‘all time favourites’, well, there’s a playlist for that too.
- Spotify – All Time Favourites
- Spotify – 2021 Playlist
- Spotify – Weekly Playlists
- Soundcloud – Weekly Playlists (all from FOTN)
POLITE REQUEST TO ALL ARTISTS
If you’re on Twitter, IG etc make sure you put a link to your social media pages on your soundcloud profile. It’ll save curators, moderators, radio folk etc lots of time letting you know you made the cut. On the other hand, maintaining anonymity might lead to a cult following in a remote location that you don’t find out about until someone from Svalbard FM hunts you down 20 years later to do a Searching For Sugar Man-esque documentary.