WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
Our playlists are orientated to the alternative music fan. Lyrics are not essential, abstract ideas are embraced and the fusing of different genres is encouraged. If you used to write band names on your pencil case at school, you’ll probably like our playlists.
A FEW WORDS
No special guest curators this week. Truth is, we’ve missed doing it ourselves, so we’ve done a Boris and “Taken Back Control”. Actually, Boris isn’t the best metaphor to use at the moment, if he ever was.
Anyway, the inbox this week was immense. Below are 16 tracks that made the cut this week, but we also enjoyed listening to tracks from artists such as: Sesamuso, Sylvette, Ruby Tingle, R John Webb, Tenderheart, The Vic C Project, Luna Rosa, Katie O’Malley, Codewalkers, The Fantom Man, COW, Francesca Guerra, Gianna Barba, Melanie Pegge and Nightschool.
Of course, above and below are just the tracks that we liked…. but all of the moderators at FOTN will have liked tracks that never made the Listening Post or the Eclectic Picks…. so don’t despair if you don’t make the cut. Keep producing music and keep submitting tracks to as many places as you can, especially, but not exclusively, to FOTN!
You can listen to this weeks playlist using the player below, or click here to open the Soundcloud playlist in a new window. For those on Spotify, we have catered accordingly here. For the best listening experience… crank up the volume and immerse yourself in the music!
ARTISTS SELECTED THIS WEEK
- WEATHER BALLOONS – In the river
- TEMPLES OF YOUTH – Keen To Be Clean
- HAWKY GUY- Men In Black
- PALE STRANGER – I Need You To Understand
- SPILL- Inertia
- I DRAW ELECTRONS – Tears Of Seoul
- MIRAGE – Midnight
- SAN-ZO – Touch
- BHARAT KATHA – Meow Meow
- AMENSELA – JUDGES
- MOLTENO – Moonlight
- JOE ADHEMAR – About The Soul
- ANSWER MACHINE – Disco Dancer
- BILL FEVER – Sleaze
- BURNING JUNIPER – She Changes The Weather
- THE TROPICANAS – The Way She Goes
We all have ambitions to get on national radio, but in the meantime there are loads of great, independent radio stations that are always looking for new music of the alternative variety. They offer no promises, but the following hosts tell me they that, if you made this list, they’d like you to get in touch to be considered for their show:
- Chris Watts, presenter of “In The Moog” online on NCCR (UK) (Twitter: @chriswatts1965. Electronic/synth-based tracks (mp3 &/or WAV) to email@example.com, together with artwork &/or band pic and your Twitter handle).
- Lucas Gil, presenter of Supernova on Glitterbeam Radio (Twitter @lucasgil, apply by his website here)
- Joe Figueira of North Manchester FM (Twitter @moretonguy, apply with MP3, short bio & twitter handle by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
POLITE REQUEST TO ALL ARTISTS
If you’re on Twitter, IG etc make sure you put a link to your social media pages on your soundcloud profile. It’ll save curators, moderators, radio folk etc lots of time letting you know you made the cut. On the other hand, maintaining anonymity might lead to a cult following in a remote location that you don’t find out about until someone from Svalbard FM hunts you down 20 years later to do a Searching For Sugar Man-esque documentary.