WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
Our playlists are orientated to the alternative music fan. Lyrics are not essential, abstract ideas are embraced and the fusing of different genres is encouraged. If you used to write band names on your pencil case at school, you’ll probably like our playlists.
ARTISTS SELECTED THIS WEEK
- CRUUSH- False Start
- CEEFAX – ANOXIC
- L.O.E – Secret Societes Rule The World
- GLYTSH – Savage
- JACKSON MATHOD – Matador (Feat. Gabriele Pribetti, Harry Pope, James Beckwith & Eoin Walsh)
- KIPPYSMUSE – Some Kind Of
- DAKAR AUDIO CLUB – Howmoco
- SEPHINE LLO – Inhale
- STUDIO KIND OF GREEN – Diamonds
- HOLY COVES – Away We Go
- SUDS – Entropy
- MARIA UZOR – Solitaire
- ISLANDER – Greenwich
- MINIMUMS – Beneath The City
STEP 1 – LISTEN
Listen to this weeks Eclectic Picks playlist using your weapon of choice below:
(Spotify playlist is limited to tracks which are available on Spotify
After 7 days, the playlist will be updated with the next batch, and this week’s picks will be added to the 2022 playlists below.
STEP 2 – SPREAD THE WORD
Do you ever think, or hear people say, “there’s no good music any more”? Maybe they aren’t looking in the right places. Prove them wrong:
- Subscribe to the playlist
- Listen in each week
- Tell your friends
- Shout on social media
The more people listen to this playlist, the more exposure unsigned artists receive. So spread the word!
The playlists above are updated weekly, then added to the playlists below:
2021 Playlist – Spotify
We all have ambitions to get on national radio, but in the meantime there are loads of great, independent radio stations that are always looking for new music of the alternative variety. They offer no promises, but the following hosts tell me they that, if you made this list, they’d like you to get in touch to be considered for their show:
- Chris Watts, presenter of “In The Moog” online on NCCR (UK) (Twitter: @chriswatts1965. Electronic/synth-based tracks (mp3 &/or WAV) to email@example.com, together with artwork &/or band pic and your Twitter handle).
- Lucas Gil, presenter of Supernova on Glitterbeam Radio (Twitter @lucasgil, apply by his website here)
- Joe Figueira of North Manchester FM (Twitter @moretonguy, apply with MP3, short bio & twitter handle by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)