What can Fresh On The Net do to Help?
As countries across the globe struggle to curb the spread of Covid-19, we find ourselves in a rapidly-changing and increasingly restrictive world; social freedoms we took for granted, a matter of days and weeks ago, are either no longer available to us or heavily limited. Strict rules introduced to prohibit public gatherings have resulted in the cancellation of live music shows, from major festivals right down to pub gigs; in response to this, we are seeing an increasing number of you, independent artists, turn to live streaming.
The Fresh On The Net team wants to help support and promote your live streaming events. We do have a few ideas of our own (surprise, surprise), but we’d also like to hear your ideas. We invite all of you to share your thoughts in the below..
A couple of our own ideas (we can’t help ourselves) to get the ball rolling:
- A weekly post on our socials for Artists to share their upcoming live streaming events
- A dedicated space on the Fresh On The Net website to promote upcoming streaming events
- A list or websites / social pages & groups for Artists to share their live streaming events
- A list of useful resources, “how to” guides to help Artists start live streaming
- A time-travelling hovercraft called “The Fresh Net Mobile”
Performing live has long been the lifeblood of independent music makers; in its absence, we at Fresh On The Net believe it is vital that we do our utmost to support and promote live streaming.
Until a vaccination can be developed, we as a community of people are forced to accept this new and frightening reality. We must come together as a people in finding ways to make this new reality, at the very least, bearable and sustainable; and ideally, a reality in which we can still be inspired, emotionally engaged, and, perhaps most important of all, find means of escape; for we are not merely physical creatures; we are creatures of soul and spirit, and it is in this regard that we artists and entertainers can and must do our part.