Independent Artists: How To Promote Your Music
Generator, the UK’s leading music development agency based in Newcastle, presented a DIY Masterclass in London on Monday 3rd December as part of Roundhouse 3030. This is an audio recording of the opening session on “Attracting press, radio and online coverage” presented by myself, covering the following topics:
• How do you get your music to press, radio and blogs?
• What goes in a press pack and what are people looking for?
• Physical vs. digital press pack
• Is your track right for the radio?
• Setting realistic expectations
• Release formats — tracks vs. singles vs. EPs & the pros and cons of physical
• The pros and cons of hiring PR & Plugging specialists
• Developing an online presence — websites, social networking, SEO & blogs
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS TALK:
Sending CDs to radio: https://freshonthenet.co.uk/cds
Cheap .com domains: http://mydomain.com
Cheap .co.uk domains: http://123-reg.co.uk
Contact TR: https://freshonthenet.co.uk/contact